- Ultra-Safe Resistance Measurements
- Ultra Fail Safe Circuitry Limits Current
- 100 micro-ohm resolution to 200M ohms – 9 Ranges
- Rechargeable Battery Operated
- Safe Tester for Explosive Devices
- Certified Mil Std 810 – Method 511 Safe for Explosive & Volatile Atmospheres
- Complies to (EWR) 127-1, Section 184.108.40.206-2
- Safety Approval by US Government/Military
- Certificate of N.I.S.T. traceabilty included at no extra charge
- BCD Interface
- Carrying Case
- 19″ Rack Mount Adaptor
- K – Kelvin Lead Set (Alligator Clips)
- KK – Heavy – Duty Leat Set (Alligator Clips)
- C – Banana-Clip Cable
- MP-1 – Kelvin Micro-Probes (Needle)
- MP-2 – Kelvin Mini-Probes (Needle)
- MP-S – Single Pointed Probes (Needle)
- MP-4 – 1″dia Surface Probes
- MP-5 – 0.5″dia Surface Probes
- BBL – Banana-to-Banana Cables
Ultra-Safe Resistance Measurement
The Alpha 4314 Digital Igniter Tester is a portable digital ohmmeter which has been specifically designed for ultra-safe resistance testing on explosive devices (i.e. squibs, detonators). The 4314 series’ circuitry has been reviewed and approved by a U.S. Government Safety Board and all branches of our armed forces for specific military programs (i.e. Cruise Missile).
Designed with Life Protecting Safety in Mind
There are a variety of critical military, aerospace and industrial applications which utilize squibs and other blasting devices. In each case, it is extremely important that these devices detonate when required. It is equally important that these devices do not detonate while being tested for continuity integrity. To this end, Valhalla equips each instrument with redundant, dual fail-safe current limiting network circuitry to insure that the instrument test currents cannot exceed the specified amount. Even in the unlikely event of a worst case component failure, the output current limiting network is still in effect. To prove that this level of safety is intact in every unit we ship, a worst case component failure is simulated during final test with the resulting output current flow is recorded and that data is attached to the unit.
The Alpha 4314 utilizes a four-wire Kelvin input configuration to eliminate lead wire length and lead contact resistance errors. The units are battery powered with a heavy duty rechargable NiMH (10Ah) pack for portability and line isolation purposes. An AC adaptor battery charger is standard. For added convenience and safety, the Alpha 4314 feature an internal switching configuration which automatically disables the battery charging circuit when in the operate mode. Alternately, all power is removed from the output circuitry when in the off/charging mode.
As with all Valhalla Digital Ohmmeters and Igniter Testers, the Alpha 4314 is available with a host of 4-wire probes and cable sets. Consult the end of this section for complete information on Options and Accessories.
For applications requiring data output the Alpha 4314 is available with “BCD.” Notice that the BCD Option does not interfere or change the FailSafe feature of the instrument. Option BCD Data Sheet
The standard version of the Alpha 4314 features a 20, 200, 2k, and 20k Ohm range; however the user can choose to purchase an instrument with a different configuration. In the table below are listed the eight possible ranges that can be installed in the Alpha 4314. When ordering, simply specify the four range numbers you perfer installed in your igniter tester
|Test Current (A)||10mA||10mA||1m||100u||10u||1u||100n||10n||1n|
|FailSafe Current (A)||16m||16m||1.8m||180u||18u||1.8u||180n||18n||1.8n|
Accuracy: (180 days 25°C ± 10°C)
- ±0.03% of reading ±0.02% of range for 2 ohm through 20k ohm ranges.
- ±0.05% of reading ±0.05% of range for 200k ohm range.
- ± 1.0% of reading ±0.2% of range for 2M ohm range.
- ±2% of reading ±0.2% of range for 20M ohm range.
- ±3% of reading ±1% of range for 200M ohm range.
Display: 4 1/2 digit (19999) L.E.D. – 20,000 counts
Terminal Configuration: Four-wire Kelvin
Overload Indication: Display flashes
Operating Temperature Range: 0°C to 50°C
Temperature Coefficient: ±.002% per °C (from 0°C to 15°C and 35°C to 50°C)
Conversion Rate: 3 per second
Power: Rechargable NiMH (10Ah) batteries & charger (115 VAC 50-60 Hz)
Size: 27cm/11″ D x 9.5cm/24″ W x 8cm/3″ H
Weight: 1.3 KG/3lbs NET 3 KG/6 lbs shipping