- Ultra-Safe Resistance Measurements
- Fail Safe Circuitry Limits Current
- No Hassle Test Current Monitoring
- Real time Fail-Safe check
- Wide Range 2 Ohms – 2M Ohms
- Dust and Water Resistant
- Rugged Compact Design
- Rechargeable Battery Operated
- Safe Tester for Explosive Devices
- Certified Mil Std 810 – Method 511 Safe for Explosive & Volatile Atmospheres
- Complies to (EWR) 127-1, Section 220.127.116.11-2
- Safety Approval by US Government/Military
- Certificate of N.I.S.T. traceabilty included at no extra charge
- AC-115 – Isolated AC power
- Replacement Batteries
- K-174 – Kelvin Lead Set (Alligator Clips and RG174 cable)
- K – Kelvin Lead Set (Alligator Clips)
- KK – Heavy – Duty Leat Set (Alligator Clips)
- C – Banana-Clip Cable
- MP-1 – Kelvin Micro-Probes (Needle)
- MP-2 – Kelvin Mini-Probes (Needle)
- MP-S – Single Pointed Probes (Needle)
- MP-4 – 1″dia Surface Probes
- MP-5 – 0.5″dia Surface Probes
- BBL – Banana-to-Banana Cables
Rugged Design with Safety in Mind
The Valhalla Scientific Model 4314 KVS Digital Igniter Tester is designed to provide extremely safe and reliable resistance testing of explosive or volatile devices. Some of the proven uses include: fuses, squibs, igniters, explosive bolts, automobile airbag initiators and many others.
Essentially, a Model 4314 KVS is a 4-wire ohmmeter which has been designed to use very low test currents for its measurement. Additional circuitry proprietary to Valhalla Scientific is used to ensure that test current levels do not exceed the specified “failsafe current” even in a worst-case component failure situation. The failsafe feature is tested in every instrument before shipment and the results provided to the customer on a Certificate of Calibration that accompanies the unit. In addition, to prove that this level of safety is intact, the 4314 KVS is equipped with a constant test current monitoring display and a unique Fail-Safe test button that simulates a worst case component failure and displays the “real” fail-safe current, all while the output is isolated from the current source.
Measures Under all Conditions
The 4314 KVS are not only the safest resistance testers for explosive devices, they are also, thanks to its case, impact resistant and water tight. The devices float in water, are water proof when closed to a depth of 3 feet, and can be operated outside in direct rain.
They comes self-contained with a slim-line AC/DC Battery Charger and measurement test leads ready to use.
The 4314 KVS utilizes a four-wire Kelvin input configuration to eliminate lead wire length and lead contact resistance errors. The units are battery powered with a heavy duty rechargable NiMH (10Ah) pack for portability and line isolation purposes. For added convenience and safety, the 4314 KVS feature an internal switching configuration which automatically disables the battery charging circuit when in the operate mode. Alternately, all power is removed from the output circuitry when in the off/charging mode.
As with all Valhalla Digital Ohmmeters and Igniter Testers, the 4314 KVS is available with a host of 4-wire probes and cable sets. Check the side column for complete list of Options and Accessories.
Ranges and Fail-Safe Currents
|Test Current (A)||5mA||5mA||500u||50u||5u||500n||50n||–|
|FailSafe Current (A)||8m||8m||1.8m||180u||18u||1.8u||180n||–|
Accuracy: (180 days 25°C ± 10°C)
- ±0.03% of reading ±0.02% of range for 2 ohm through 20k ohm ranges.
- ±0.05% of reading ±0.05% of range for 200k ohm range.
- ± 1.0% of reading ±0.2% of range for 2M ohm range.
Current Monitor Accuracy:
- 20% of displayed value for 2 ohm through 20k ohm ranges.
- nominal test current value displayed for 200k and 2M ohm ranges.
Display: 4 1/2 digit (19999) L.E.D. – 20,000 counts
Terminal Configuration: Four-wire Kelvin
Overload Indication: O.L.
Operating Temperature Range: 0°C to 50°C
Temperature Coefficient: ±.002% per °C (from 0°C to 15°C and 35°C to 50°C)
Conversion Rate: 3 per second
Power: Rechargable NiMH (10Ah) batteries & charger (100-240 VAC 50-60 Hz)
Size: 27cm/11″ D x 9.68cm/24.6″ W x 12.4cm/4.87″ H
Weight: 2.7kg / 6 lbs NET | 3.2kg / 7 lbs shipping