- 7 Measurement Ranges from 20mΩ to 30KΩ
- 1uΩ Resolution on lowest range
- 10uA – 1A Constant Test Current
- 0.04% Basic Accuracy
- Four Terminal Kelvin Connections
- Auto-Ranging Mode
- Selectable Display Rate (100ms-to-500ms)
- VFD Display w/Adjustable Intensity
- RS-232 Serial Interface
- Programmable Temperature compensation
- Built-In Limit Comparator w/Visual-Acoustic Indications and Rear Panel Relay Terminals
- Run/Hold w/Peak Detector
- Print/Log Function
- USB Interface
- BCD Interface
- OmniCompensator (Temperature Sensor)
- 19″ Rack Mount Adaptor
- K – Kelvin Lead Set (Alligator Clips)
- KK – Heavy – Duty Leat Set (Alligator Clips)
- C – Banana-Clip Cable
- MP-1 – Kelvin Micro-Probes (Needle)
- MP-2 – Kelvin Mini-Probes (Needle)
- MP-S – Single Pointed Probes (Needle)
- MP-4 – 1″dia Surface Probes
- MP-5 – 0.5″dia Surface Probes
- BBL – Banana-to-Banana Cables
- SL-48 – Low termal Leads (Lugs)
Best-selling Valhalla 4176 ohmmeter measures transformers, coils, and shunts the competition can’t.
Top-Rated Ohmmeter: Accuracy, Precision, Ease-of-Use
With a basic accuracy of 0.04%, this model allows measurements from 1uΩ to 30kΩ. The seven ranges can be activated manually or through the Auto-Range feature. For optimal accuracy, connections to the load are made via a four-wire Kelvin binding post terminal that can accept banana plugs, spade lug or wires. The 4176 features an easy to read, intensity adjustable and time variable VFD display.
The instrument can be operated remotely through its talk/listen RS-232 port or through the optional USB interface.
Automatic Temperature Compensation – Reduce Errors, Improve Productivity, and Expand Possibilities
The 4176 Micro-Ohmmeter was designed to safisfy applications where temperature compensation is mandatory. The resistance of component material such as copper, aluminum, etc., varies greatly with variations in ambient temperature. The Valhalla TCM feature allows these measurements to be accurately made and referenced to a selected temperature point of interest, e.g., 20°C. With just one temperature sensor (the Omni Compensator), the instrument can be programmed to compensate for any temperature coefficient and to any temperature reference. The instrument not only will display the compensated value of your load, but also the non compensated value and the real time ambient temperature of the immediate area.
Hi-LO Comparator Reduces Human Error Automatically
Using the 4176 HLC mode (Hi-Lo Limit Resistance Comparator) can save you time and mistakes caused by human error. Once you set your limits, three front panel LEDs allow a visual go/no-go view of the result, a beeper gives an alerts when limits are exceeded, and a rear panel relay closure screw terminal block can be used to implement an automated batch sorting system for components or products, operate counters, custom sound alarms or shut off a process.
A Run/Hold function is also a standard feature of the 4176. The user can also program this function as a peak Hi or peak Low detector. Measurements may be printed or logged and viewed in a spread sheet by using the Print/Log feature also standard.